You are here:   Gift Aid
Register   |  Login

***IMPORTANT NOTICE 6/4/2018*** - Unfortunately Birdline are now full with regard to rescue birds, and are currently UNABLE take additional birds into the charity. We will provide an update as soon as the position changes

WARNING – Please Be Aware 

If you are looking to re-home your parrot, please always use a reputable Parrot Rescue Organisation.

Always check to ensure the organisation you wish to use is registered with an approved organisation such as ‘The Charities Commission’ 

Please note that we only operate in England, Scotland and Wales. Birds going to be re-homed or safe housed must stay in one of these three countries 

   Gift Aid  

Name of charity or CASC   - Birdline UK Limited

Please treat 

  • All gifts of money that I make today and in the future as Gift Aid donations; OR
  • All gifts of money that I have made in the past 4 years and all future gifts of money that  make from the date of this declaration as Gift Aid donations. 

*When signing up to Gift Aid in your account, please ensure the correct choice is selected (If at all possible the second)

You must pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April one year to 5 April the next) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that the charity or Birdline (UK) Parrot Rescue will reclaim on your gifts for that tax year.

Please notify the charity or CASC if you: 
  • Want to cancel this declaration
  • Change your name or home address
  • No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.
 Tax claimed by the charity or CASC 
  • The charity or CASC will reclaim 28p of tax on every £1 you gave up to 5 April 2008. 
  • The charity or CASC will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 you give on or after 6 April 2008. 
  • The Government will pay to the charity or CASC an additional 3p on every £1 you give between 6 April 2008 and 5 April 2011. This transitional relief for the charity or CASC does not affect your personal tax position. 
If you pay Income Tax at the higher rate, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self Assessment tax return if you want to receive the additional tax relief due to you.